Leaving the house when it’s dark. Navigating through rush hour traffic. Frantically trying to find a parking spot. Rushing into the conference room 15 minutes late, only to find that the meeting is pushed back an hour because your boss is stuck in traffic. Does this sound like life at your office? Here are some other common office annoyances that may resonate with you.
- Those awful fluorescent lights that make you think you are working underground
- Cubicles packed so close together you can hear every sigh, every whisper, every personal story of your neighbor
- Distractions, distractions, distractions. From the birthday celebrations, to the fire drills, to the endless company updates
- Long commutes. Just how many audio books can you listen to?
- Outside parking. Nothing like entering the office soaking wet
- Unproductive and unnecessary meetings where everyone feels the need to drag it out by adding their two cents
- Contagious colleagues who sneeze all over you. “Oh sorry, I really should not have come to work today!”
- Free food. If there is a donut present, I will eat it
- Nosy Nelly. “No I don’t want to tell you all about my weekend!”
- Wardrobe malfunctions. “Great, now I’ve got ketchup all over my new shirt.”
UCaaS to the Rescue
There is something that can make your work life, and that of your colleagues, better. Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is the great enabler of collaboration in the cloud. Think unified voice, messaging, video and more from any device, any place, and any time. According to market research, by 2020, more than half of businesses will be running UCaaS systemsand the UCaaS market is projected to growby 20 to 25 percent each year.
UCaaS presents a cost-effective, secure solution for businesses looking for a way to offer flexible and seamless communication and collaboration options to employees – options that create a better work life.
With UCaaS, you (and your boss) could have easily been in that meeting from home while still making valuable contributions and interacting with other attendees. Here are some additional great things about UCaaS that let employees work better both in and out of the office by streamlining communications:
- Take control of when, where, and how you work
- Become so much more efficient because nobody’s interrupting you
- Find your peak productivity times at work or at home, day or night
- Use your own smartphone and laptop
- Save on gas!
- Talk to colleagues all over the world as though they are sitting in your living room
- Work in blue jeans and a t-shirt
- Take your dog for a walk at lunchtime
- Sleep in a bit because you don’t have to commute for an hour and a half
- Still be connected while attending your kid’s little league game
Collaboration was once seen as a group of people working together in offices, at desks, in cubicles, and in conference rooms. It’s time to say “goodbye” to cubicles and fluorescent lights and “hello” to new possibilities. Unified Communications in the cloud gives you the power to collaborate, freedom to create, and tools to innovate.
Your best work life is just one click away. Learn more about GlobalMeet UCaaS here.